What A Wild Ride
When I started on TASA it was stagnating in terms of progression and re-thinking the Booking Engine. The sheer size and complexity of all the details meant for lengthy meetings. I had dealt with larger projects before, but it still posed a challenge given the deadlines.
I did quite a few 2am-5pm shifts to bring the project back to speed.
There was the Booking Wizard component for desktop and handheld devices, plus a MICE variation of it for companies. Then the website itself which needed to appeal to a wide genre of sport fans, as well as recreational travel needs.
I had to work closely with TASA to make sure inventory and conditions were met during the booking process, without making it take too long. Part of this meant moving registration to the end, and collecting passenger details last instead of first which severely reduced the time taken to make a booking.
I prototyped the whole booking wizard to mobile covering the extreme cases of a couple and group travelling. Basically, the goal was to look for problems.
The design aspect was easy to meet since it was going to be flat and clean, but the information needed serious formatting and be heavily scrutinised to where it should be, for who, and why.
To give you a sense of the scale, each of those below is an artboard in Sketch. Each persona was mapped out as the conditions for editing and wording varied greatly depending on the package itself.
Corporate customers needed a different style to their section. It was a goal to make this a full screen slideshow in a presentation style.
Over the course of several months, each component was designed and assembled together. Without adding extra time redesigning, approval and then changes in development, visual changes were made directly in development.
Icon sets had to be sourced and matched everywhere. Time consuming!